Let’s just get one thing straight!
Motherhood often comes with a lot of nights in.
And often they can be nights filled with constant resettling.
Up and down so much we feel like a member of The Venga Boys.
Well, here is were on-demand content comes in.
Resources such as Netflix, mean that we never have to miss a key-part of a film ever again.
And if it takes four hours to watch a two-hour documentary, it does not matter.
If we need to hit the hay and catch up with the rest of the film tomorrow.
It’s all doable.
Thank you, Netflix!
So, with the release of Close today (we simply can’t wait to watch it tonight!) we thought we’d compile a list of our top 5 on Netflix; stuff that’s really worth getting stuck in to on this forthcoming cold, and probably broke, mid-January weekend.
1. Close (2019) Sure to be a fast-paced yet tender film, this story starring Noomi Rapace, about the life of a female bodyguard, is bound to have us fired-up and reconnected to female power.
2. Arrival (2016) Amy Adams plays the lead in this beautifully shot and incredibly meaningful sci-fi film. Understated elegance is all we can say.
3. Birdbox (2018) Now with over 40 million downloads and a lethal teenage craze as it’s legacy, this film featuring Sandra Bullock is worth the hype. Though please don’t be tempted to try and see how she does it.
4. Matilda (1996) The only one on our list suitable for little people. But that’s because it’s easily one of the best children’s films of the 90s. This film is both inspiring and entertaining, and worth watching with the children. A treat!
5. Whiplash (2014) This movie is all about what it takes to be the best at anything. Though in this case, it’s drumming. It’s complete escapism and we love it.
What current Netflix documentaries moved you recently?
Interested in covering this for us?
Then please do get in touch with your piece all about your top-5 documentaries, and see it published.
Happy Friday everybody!